Online training is to help individuals make a small patch of forest on their own.
Time: 4 hours X 2 days
Objective of the training is to help the participants learn the Miyawaki method by understanding:
Terms and conditions:
Preference will be given to individuals with little or no experience in similar work, and/or owners of very small land areas (100-200 square meters) waiting to be afforested.
Number of trainings offered per month are limited to 4/5.
The training is not offered to large corporations or groups.
Video based high speed internet essential.
The training will have limited scope for outdoor/field work and is more theory based.
Depending on the needs of the participant(s), the trainer(s) will either keep the module generic or site specific (via video conferencing).
The training is an interactive, conversation based collaborative exercise between the trainer(s) and the participant(s).
The Miyawaki method challenges most conventional schools of thought on plantation and afforestation, hence participants are required to be extremely open minded.
(Total 240 mins)
40 mins: Introduction to the Miyawaki method; its advantages and achievements
30 mins: Sequence of Activities
35 mins: Virtual site visit and design
35 mins: Preparations - Pre afforestation on site activities
60 mins: Soil and Amendments
40 mins: Addressing key questions
(Total 240 mins)
60 mins: Species selection
30 mins: Material (consumable and non consumable)
30 mins: Compost case study
60 mins: Forest creation (final execution)
30 mins: Maintenance and Monitoring
30 mins: Final wrap up
The course includes:
- Live dedicated online training with an expert from Aforestt.
- Soft copies of all SOP documents
- Soft copies of important Project Management documents
- Soft copies of reports, species lists and plans from past projects of Afforestt
$500 USD, to be paid in advance.
If interested, send us your brief profile and a 'Statement of Intent' (150-200 words) on firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention 'Online Training' in the subject line.
Please find the Online Training schedule below:
If you have attended the Afforestt online training and need our on-ground assistance to create a demo-patch of 100 square meters, then here’s what you need to do:
1) Prepare the site as per the training.
2) Organize all the biomass.
3) Organize saplings, other materials, manpower and machinery.
4) Invite an Afforestt representative who will stay with you on-site and help you create the demo patch.
How will this help you?
1) You will practically implement everything learned during the online training.
2) This first forest patch will be your “proof of concept” and could become the showcase project that helps you find more potential sites and opportunities to create more such forests.
3) Identify strengths and areas of improvement for future projects, for e.g., most suitable species, input costs, local suppliers and feasibility.
4) Utilize practical knowledge and expertise of the Afforestt representative present with you on-site.
5) If the demo forest is being created in a region/city where Afforestt has worked before, then you will get access to the available species lists, research/documentation done and supplier contacts.
Terms and Conditions:
1) You should have a piece of land - 100 square meters readily available.
2) Minimum requirements – running water, fencing, exposure to sunlight and maintenance staff for watering and deweeding.
3) Only the trainee(s) should be present on-site. Additional people present will only include the manpower involved.
4) There will be no deviation from the methodology.
5) The species research and soil analysis is to be done by the trainee as per the online training attended, with limited assistance from Afforestt.
6) The final approval to on-site demo is subject to how well prepared the trainees are, in terms of, site-readiness, material, manpower and machine availability. The preparations will be vetted by Afforestt before giving their approval to helping with the demo. This will be done over phone and email.
7) Afforestt’s involvement will be limited only to guidance and knowledge sharing. Actual creation of the demo patch will be supervised and led by the trainee.
8) The entire duration i.e. 2 days will be focused on creating a perfect 100 square meter forest. No presentations, workshops, talks or sessions will be a part of demo forest creation.
9) Return airfare, local travel and accommodation is to be arranged by the trainee.
10) 100% fee is to be paid as advance.
Duration: 2 days
Cost: 2,000 USD