Online training is to help individuals make a small patch of forest on their own.
Objective of the training is to help the participants learn the Miyawaki method by understanding:
- The ethos
- Standard Operating Procedures (through documents and photographs)
- The journey of Afforestt (our expertise, experiences and challenges)
- Time: 4 hours X 2 days
Terms and conditions:
- This training is offered selectively, based on a 'Statement of Intent' submitted to Afforestt by people who are interested, followed by a phone/skype call. The selection will be based on background (personal and professional) of participants and scope of practical application of the training.
- Preference will be given to individuals with little or no experience in similar work, and/or owners of very small land areas (100-200 square meters) waiting to be afforested.
- Number of trainings offered per month are limited to 4/5.
- The training is not offered to large corporations or groups.
- Video based high speed internet essential.
- The training will have limited scope for outdoor/field work and is more theory based.
- Depending on the needs of the participant(s), the trainer(s) will either keep the module generic or site specific (via video conferencing).
- The training is an interactive, conversation based collaborative exercise between the trainer(s) and the participant(s).
- The Miyawaki method challenges most conventional schools of thought on plantation and afforestation, hence participants are required to be extremely open minded.
- Afforestt's scope of work here is limited to remote guidance only.
(Total 240 mins)
- 40 mins: Introduction to the Miyawaki method; its advantages and achievements
- 30 mins: Sequence of Activities
- 35 mins: Virtual site visit and design
- 35 mins: Preparations - Pre afforestation on site activities
- 60 mins: Soil and Amendments
- 40 mins: Addressing key questions
(Total 240 mins)
- 60 mins: Species selection
- 30 mins: Material (consumable and non consumable)
- 30 mins: Compost case study
- 60 mins: Forest creation (final execution)
- 30 mins: Maintenance and Monitoring
- 30 mins: Final wrap up
The course includes:
- Live dedicated online training with an expert from Aforestt.
- Soft copies of all SOP documents
- Soft copies of important Project Management documents
- Soft copies of reports, species lists and plans from past projects of Afforestt
$600 USD/ ₹38,000 INR (including applicable taxes), to be paid in advance.
If interested, send us your brief profile and a 'Statement of Intent' (150-200 words) on email@example.com. Mention 'Online Training' in the subject line.